SMP Islam Al Azhar 29 Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia - Indonesia
Effect of the Pull and Diameter String of Badminton Racket Based on Coeffisient of Restitution Value
Racket and strings is an important factor in the badminton sport. The aim of this study to analyze the pull and the diameter racket string based on restitution coefficient of shuttlecock. The variation of pull was measured used racket Vinlux Miotex Power 007. Six variation of racket string are (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27) lbs. The diameter of the strings has kept constant of 0.66 mm. The other variable is the diameter variation of the strings are (0.62, 0.64, 0.66, 0.68, and 0.70) mm, respectively and the pull of the strings are kept constant of 24 lbs. Based on the result, the increasing of the pull was decreased the COR value, from 0.541 to 0.374 for 22 lbs to 27 lbs, respectively. Furthermore, the similar trend for the diameter variation with the pull variation, the COR value was decreases with the increasing of the diameter, from 0.529 to 0.447 for (0.62 to 0.70) mm. We can conclude, the increases of the pull and diameter variation was decresed COR value of shuttlecock. ©2016 JNSMR UIN Walisongo. All rights reserved.
Keywords : String; Racket; Coefisien of restitution
- S. Dessianti, Tutorial Olahraga Badminton, Website: http://www.tutorialolahraga.com/2015/06/belajar-memahami tarikan-senar-raket.html. Accessible on 27 Februari 2016.
- H. Chih-Chien, W. Tzu-Lin, W. Jin-eheng, and C. Ming-Ju, The Effect Of Two Different Weighted Badminton Rackets About Velocity And Torque When Outstanding Badminton Players Was Performing Smash Movement. National Chia-Yi University, Chia-Yi, Taiwan. ISBS 2004.
- I.S. Arianto, I.S., Aji, M. P., dan Sulhadi. Analisis Tarikan Dan Diameter Senar Raket Badminton Terhadap Pantulan Shuttlecock. Prosiding Smeminar Universitas Negeri Jakarta, Maret 2016.
- T. Vanasant, M. Somjarod, and L. Weerawat, The Effect Of String Tension On Shuttlecock Velocity. Department of Sports Science, Sports Authority of Thailand 2 College of Sports Science and Technology, Mahidol University, Thailand. P02-19 ID108 999-4168, 2013.
- R. Bower, and R. Cross, String tension effects on tennis ball rebound speed and accuracy during playing conditions, Journal of Sports Sciences, vol 23(7), pp. 765-71, 2005.
- F.A. Nasruddin, F. A. Head Shape Design Analysis of Conceptual Badminton Racket. SpringerBriefs in Computational Mechanics. Sport Innovation and Technology Centre (SITC), Institute Human Centred Engineering (IHCE), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor, Malaysia. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-21735-2_5. 2016.
- A. Fakhrizal, and S. Ardiyansyah, Finite-element study on effect of string tension toward coefficient of restitution of a badminton racket string-bed. Journal of Advanced Material, 845, pp.417–420, 2014.
- M. Kwan, S. Andersen, S., and J.Rasmussen, Investigation of high-speed badminton racket kinematics by motion capture. Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstraede 101, 9220 Aalborg East, Denmark. Sports Eng 13:57–63, 2011.
- R. Cross, Flexible beam analysis of the effects of string tension and frame stiffness on racket performance. Physics Department, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia. Sports Engineering 3, pp.111-122, 2005.
- L. Linlin, Effects of string tension and impact location on tennis playing. Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702-701, Korea. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 23. p.2990~299, 2009.
- F.A. Nasruddin, Finite Element Analysis on Badminton Racket Desain Parameters. SpringerBriefs in Computational Mechanics, 2016.
- Victor. Pelatihan Baminton. http://id.victorsport.com/coach.detail_9181.html . Accessible on 1 March 2016.
- Gunawan, T. Kabar Sport, Senar Raket Badminton. Website : http://www.kabarsport.com/2015/09/ senarraketbadminton-bulutangkis.html. Accessible on 1 march 2016.
- Tipler, P. A. Fisika untuk Sains dan Teknik. by Halliday-Resnick, 1991.