Department of Islamic Guidance and Counseling, Universitas Islam Negeri Walisongo - Indonesia
Assessing the impact of Islamic spiritual guidance on mental health
Purpose - The purpose of this study is to find out how the influence of mental spiritual guidance on the mental health of adolescents who take part in the Faithful Heart Terate Brotherhood (PSHT) pencak silat of the Kebomas Branch, Gresik Regency.
Method - This research uses a type of quantitative approach, namely in the form of numbers and uses analysis with data collection techniques such as questionnaires and interviews. The respondents used in this study were 42 teenagers, namely all members of PSHT Gresik. The data analysis technique used in this study is regression modeling.
Result - The regression model in this study met the classic assumption criteria, namely normality, heteroscedasticity, and autocorrelation tests. So that it can be applied to do regression modeling. The results of regression modeling obtained a coefficient value of mental spiritual guidance of 0.972 and a significant effect on the mental health of adolescent PSHT members.
Implication – The spiritual mental guidance method can be applied to pencak silat athletes who have the same characteristics as the samples used to improve the skills of pencak silat athletes because it has a significant impact on changes in terms of psychology and behavior such as being able to distinguish between good and bad, can self-control, loves himself with strengths and weaknesses, is polite in behaving and speaking, has high motivation so that he can awaken his spiritual power which is able to provide peace in the heart and mental health in him.
Originality – This study develops instrumentation that has been used in previous studies by adding new indicators based on relevant theories.
Keywords: Spiritual mental guidance; mental guidance; mental health; bimbingan mental spiritual; bimbingan mental; kesehatan mental.
- Al-Makhfudhoh, A. (2017). Character Education for Children Through Pencak Silat Pagar Nusa Activities at SD Nahdlatul Ulama Bangil . Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University.
- Anggraini, R. (2014). The effect of the intensity of following Islamic religious guidance on the mental health of the female Class II A Penitentiary in Semarang . Walisongo State Islamic University Semarang.
- Ardiansyah, MY (2018). The communication strategy of the Setia Hati Terate Brotherhood Trainer in forming an attitude of solidarity among members in the Pencak Silat Student Activity Unit of UIN Sunan Ampel .
- Fatmawaty, R. (2017). Understanding Adolescent Psychology. REFORM JOURNAL , 2 (1). https://doi.org/10.30736/rfma.v6i2.33
- Fauzan, F. (2017). ACULTURATION OF ISLAM AND JAVANESE CULTURE: A Study on the “Approval” Ritual for New Residents of the Setia Hati Terate Brotherhood . KALAM , 6 (1), 105. https://doi.org/10.24042/klm.v6i1.397
- Habibi, MR (2021). Personal Interview .
- Halawa, S. (2020). Responsibilities of the Christian Family and the Church in Overcoming Juvenile Delinquency. ERESI: Journal of Christian Theology and Religious Education , 1 (1), 82–92.
- Hamid, A. (2017). RELIGION AND MENTAL HEALTH IN THE PSYCHOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE OF RELIGION. Tadulako Health Journal , d (1), 1–14.
- Hidayat, A. (2021). Personal Interview .
- Karlina, L. (2020). THE PHENOMENA OF ADOLESCENT DETERMINATION. JOURNAL OF NONFORMAL EDUCATION , 1 (1), 147–158.
- Mardotillah , M., & Zein, DM (2017). SILAT : CULTURAL IDENTITY, EDUCATION, MARTIAL ARTS, HEALTH CARE. Journal of Anthropology: Socio-Cultural Issues , 18 (2), 121. https://doi.org/10.25077/jantro.v18.n2.p121-133.2016
- Nurhayati, T. (2017). PSYCHOSOCIAL BEHAVIOR DEVELOPMENT IN PUBERTY. Journals of Chemical Information and Modeling , 53 (9), 1689–1699.
- Priasmoro , DP (2020). Correlation of Social Support with Male Santri Mental Health at Lumajang Islamic Boarding School. Scientific Journal of Health Sciences , 8 (3).
- Umam, AK (2021). Spiritual Activities in Forming Character (Case Study of PSHT Branch Babadan Ponorogo) .
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.