Departmentn of Guidance and Counseling, Universitas Negeri Semarang - Indonesia
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.id/citations?user=enrb7hYAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
The role of social support to increase the confidence of the deaf in the difabel study council
Purpose - This study aims to determine the role of peer social support in increasing the self-confidence of the deaf in the Difabel Study Council.
Method - The approach used in this study is a descriptive qualitative approach. Data collection method using Interview and observation. As for primary data sources are participant deaf, while secondary data source is administrator and participant Assembly study Disabled. Technique data analysis using triangulation source.
Result - The findings of this study state that the para disability deaf, so feel the form of social support between peers . This research is presented in relation to religious guidance services for deaf individuals.
Implication – this research is expected to be an encouragement for counselors to help maintain self-confidence of the deaf with the mediator of peer social support. This step can be done by involving the deaf in the implementation of religious guidance services as an effort to develop themselves.
Originality – This research is devoted to people with hearing impairment, namely someone who has a hearing impairment. This condition can be temporary or permanent. In the cycle of life to be able to survive in the face of change requires confidence in one's ability to be able to solve a problem.
Keywords: Social support; confidence; deaf
- Alwisol. (2008). Personality Psychology . UMM Pres: Malang.
- Ariyani, D & Situmorang, L. (2022). The Role of the Deaf Children Association (IKAT) in Assisting Deaf Persons with Disabilities in Samarinda City. Journal of Sociology-Sociology . 10(1). 87-99.
- Azwar. (2007). Saifuddin, Research Methods , Yogyakarta: Student Library
- Bandura, A. (1977). Social Learning Theory. New Jersey: Prentice Hall Inc.
- Bukhori, B. (2012). The Relationship of Meaningful Life and Family Social Support with Mental Health of Prisoners (Case Study of Convicts in Semarang City). Journal of Ad-Din, 4(1).
- Dariyo, A., et al. (2007). Psychology of Child Development in the First Three Years . Printing: Bandung: PT Refika Aditama.
- Effendi, Mohammad. (2008). Introduction to Psychopedagogic Children with Disabilities . Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara
- Ghufron, et al. (2011). Psychological Theories . Yogyakarta: ArRuzz Media.
- Harefa, PPP, & Rozali, YES (2020). The effect of social support on self-concept in adolescent victims of bullying. JCA Psychology, 1(1).
- Jahra Safitry, Jihan. Social Support for Deaf Adolescents . Faculty of Psychology, Ahmad Dahlan University, Yogyakarta
- Jarmitia, Sri. et al. (2016). The Relationship between Social Support and Confidence in Persons with Physical Disabilities at Special Schools in Banda Aceh City. Journal of Psychoislamedia Volume 1, Number 1
- Krishna, A. (2006). Neo Psychic Awareness . Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
- Kumalasari, F. Ahyani, (2012). "The Relationship Between Social Support and Adjustment of Adolescents in Orphanages", Journal of Pitutur Psychology, Volume 1No.1 .
- Lewis, V. (2003). Developmental and Disability: Second Edition. United Kingdom: Blackwell Publishing.
- Mardatillah. (2010) . Self Development . STIE Balikpapan: Madani.
- Mastuti, & Aswi. (2008). 50 Confidence Tips . Jakarta: PT. Our Book.
- Norahmasari, D. (2015). Family Social Support With the Confidence Level of Children Who Are Deaf. Cognicia , 3 (1). Retrieved from https://ejournal.umm.ac.id/index.php/cognicia/article/view/2143
- Omnihara, HW, Marpaung, W., & Mirza, R. (2019). Confidence Viewed From Social Support For Blind People. Psycho Idea, 17(2), 114. https://doi.org/10.30595/psychoidea.v17 i2.4175
- Puspitaningrum, EM (2018). The Relationship between Parenting Style and Confidence in Deaf Children in SLB Jambi City. Midwifery Journal. 7(15). 17-24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31983/jkb.v7i15.3246
- Rahma, Ulifa. (2020). School Wellbeing Analysis Among Visual Impairments, Deaf and Physical Disability Students In College Inclusion . Journal of the Faculty of Psychology, Wisnuwardhana University, Malang. DOI: 10.37303/psikovidya.v24i1.153
- Rinaldi & Lestari (2022). Resilience of Deaf Individuals Who Work . Areas of Research: Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development . 5 (1). 350-359. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31933/rrj.v5i1.614
- Sholeh, A. (2015). Islam and Persons with Disabilities : Examining the Accessibility Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the Education System in Indonesia. Palastren Journal , 293-320.
- Siti Putri Utami. (2017). The Relationship Between Social Support With Confidence In Deaf Adolescents.
- Somantri, Sutjihati. (2012). Extraordinary Child Psychology. Bandung: PT Refika Aditama.
- Sugiyono. (2012). Quantitative Qualitative Research Methods And R&D. Bandung: Alphabeta Publisher.
- Sugiyono. (2014). Research Methods (Quantitative, Qualitative, And R & D Approaches). Bandung: Alphabeta.
- Taylor, SE (2006). Social Psychology. Jakarta: Erlangga.
- Thohari, Slamet. (2014). Views of Disability and Accessibility of Public Facilities for Persons with Disabilities in Malang City. Indonesian Journal of Disability Studies , 27-37.
- Thoits, PA (2012). Stress, Coping And Social Support Processes. Journal of Health and Behavior , 35. 53-79.
- Utami, Dianing. (2009). Confidence of Deaf Young Women . Faculty of Psychology, Sanata Dharma University.
- Utami, T. Ratna. (2009). The Relationship Between Parental Support With Confidence in Deaf Adolescents (Research on SLB-B YPPALB Students, Magelang City). Thesis of the Faculty of Education, State University of Semarang.
- Widyastuti A & Widiana, IW (2020). Analysis of the Role of Peer Tutors on the Social Attitudes of Deaf Students. Journal of Education Technology. 4 (1). 46-51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23887/jet.v4i1.24083
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.