Universitas PGRI Semarang - Indonesia
Comparative Study of The Effect of Supervision and Leadership on Work Discipline on Male and Women Workers in Sharia Banking Institutions in Semarang City Banks
Purpose - This study aims to examine the effect of supervision and leadership on work discipline and to determine whether or not there are differences in work discipline among male and female workers in Islamic banking institutions in Semarang City.
Method - The data collection needed was done through interviews using questionnaires and analysed using a regression test approach to test the effect between variables and a comparative test to examine differences in work discipline behaviour based on gender.
Result - The results of the tests carried out in this study indicate that employee work discipline can be explained by supervision and leadership. This study also shows that there are no differences in work discipline for male and female employees who work in Islamic banking institutions in Semarang City.
Implication - There is no difference in work discipline for male and female employees, so to improve work discipline, it is done by increasing supervision and leadership that applies fairly and equitably to male and female employees.Originality- Variables developed to explain work discipline behavior based on the results of previous research and have relevance to empirical phenomena. This study was also conducted a comparative study of work discipline behavior based on gender which had never been done in previous research.
Keywords: Supervision, Leadership, Work Discipline, Gender.
- Amirullah & Haris Budiyono (2004), Introduction to Management, Graha Ilmu, Yogyakarta.
- Ardana, K., NW Mujiati & AA Anak Sriathi (2009), Organizational Behavior, Graha Ilmu, Yogyakarta.
- Hafsari, Aprilia Rosa., Ida Wahyuni & Bina Kurniawan (2018), Factors Affecting Discipline in Fuel Distribution Time to Tank Car Crew at PT X, Journal of Public Health, 6 (4), 268-277.
- Hasibuan, Malayu (2014), Human Resource Management, Bumi Aksara, Jakarta.
- Nuryadin, Syahrial., Agusdin & Djoko Suprayetno (2016), The Effect of Leadership, Supervision and Punishment on Work Discipline of Employees at the Regional Secretariat of Bima City, JMM UNRAM: Journal of Masters in Management, University of Mataram, 1-14.
- Putra, Syatriawan., Thatok Asmony & Mahyudin Nasir (2016), Several Factors Influencing Work Discipline for Civil Servants of Public Health Centers in Dompu Regency, JUPE: Mandala Education Journal, 1, 297-306.
- Rasyidi, Achmad., DB Paranoan & Achmad Djumlani (2013), Variables Affecting Employee Discipline at the Social Service of East Kalimantan Province, Journal of Administrative Reform, 1 (2), 341-352.
- Riduansyah (2019), Factors Affecting Employee Work Discipline, FRIMA Proceedings: Management & Accounting Scientific Research Festival, 653-664.
- Salim, Nur Agus (2016), Factors Affecting Teacher Work Discipline (A Study at State Junior High Schools throughout Muara Jawa District), Mahakam Pendas Journal, 1 (1), 69-79.
- Sampleiling, Alexander (2015), Factors Influencing the Work Discipline of Public Employees and the Protocol of the Regional Secretariat of East Kutai Regency, Performance, 12 (1), 1-17.
- Sastrohardiwiryo, S (2002), Management of Indonesian Manpower, Bumi Aksara, Jakarta.
- Sugiharjo, R Joko (2016), Factors Affecting Work Discipline, Scientific Journal of Management and Business, 2 (1), 579-586.
- Utari, Khiki (2015), The Influence of Leadership and Inherent Supervision on Employee Work Discipline at the Mining and Energy Office of East Kutai Regency, Integrative Government e-Journal, 3 (1), 31-45.
- Viethzal, Rivai (2004), Human Resource Management for Companies from Theory to Practice, Raja Grafindo Persada, Jakarta.
- Watimah, Lia (2017), The Influence of Leadership, Punishment and Supervision on Work Discipline of Employees at the Social Service of Riau Province, JOM Fekon, 4 (1), 193-204.
- Widikusyanto, Muhammad Johan., Nafiuddin, Nur'ain Isqodrin, Hermansyah Andi Wibowo & Jubery Marwan (2016), Factors Affecting Work Discipline and Its Impact on the Performance of State Civil Apparatus of Banten Provincial Government, Journal of Management Science, 2 (2), 69-83.
- Daft, Richard L (2012), New Era of Management, Thompson South-Western, Canada.
- Terry, George R & W. Rue Leslie (2010), Fundamentals of Management, Bumi Aksara, Jakarta.
- Winston, Bruce E & Kathleen Petterson (2006), An Integrative Definition of Leadership, International Journal of Leadership Studies, 1 (2), 6-66.
- Yulk, Gary (2009), Leadership in Organizations, Index, Jakarta.
- Saydam, Gouzali (2010), Human Resource Management: A Micro Approach, Djanbatan, Jakarta.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.