Universitas Sains Al-Qur’an Wonosobo - Indonesia
Islamic Ethical Leadership: Improving the Performance of Sharia Financial Institutions with CSR during the Covid 19 Pandemic
Purpose - This research was conducted with the aim of identifying the relationship between Islamic Ethical leadership on organizational performance with social responsibility as a mediation moderated by the covid 19 pandemic.
Method - The research data were obtained from BMT Al-Amin located in Wonosobo Regency, Central Java Province. Samples were taken from the population using census sampling. Data collection is taken directly from the object of research through a questionnaire. Then the data were analysed by Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) with Amos software version 20.
Result - From the research that has been done, it is found that Islamic Ethical leadership has an effect on organizational performance at BMT Al-Amin. CSR apparently does not mediate the relationship of Islamic Ethical leadership to organizational performance. And the COVID-19 pandemic has also not moderated CSR's relationship to organizational performance.
Implication - This study uses data on BMT Al-Amin, Wonosobo Regency, Central Java Province.Originality- This paper looks at the relationship of ethical leadership to organizational performance with social responsibility as a mediation moderated by the covid 19 pandemic in order to support the creation of BMT growth in Wonosobo Regency during the covid 19 pandemic which is influenced by ethical leadership attitudes through CSR.
Keywords: islamic ethical leadership, social responsibility, Covid 19 pandemic.
- Beekun, R. I. (1997) ‘Islamic Business Ethict, Virginia: InternationalInstitute of Islamic Thought’.
- Beekun, R. I. and Badawi, J. A. (2005) ‘Balancing ethical responsibility among multiple organizational stakeholders: The Islamic perspective’, Journal of Business Ethics, 60(2), pp. 131–145. doi: 10.1007/s10551-004-8204-5.
- Brown, M. E., Trevino, L. K., & Harrison, D. (2005) ‘Ethical leadership: A social learning perspective for construct development and testing’, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 97, pp. 117–134.
- Brown, Michael & Treviño, L. (2006) ‘Ethical Leadership: A Review and Future Directions. The Leadership Quarterly.’ Available at: 17. 595-616. 10.1016/j.leaqua.2006.10.004.
- Cascio WF. (2015) ‘Managing human resources: productivity, quality of life, profits. 10th ed’, McGraw-Hill Irwin, p. 61.
- Crick, J. M., & Crick, D. (2020). (2020) ‘Coopetition and COVID-19: Collaborative business-to-business marketing strategies in a pandemic crisis’, ndustrial Marketing Management.
- Davis, K. (1973) ‘The Case for and against Business Assumption of Social Responsibilities’, Academy of Management Journal, 16, pp. 312–323.
- Ferdinand, A. T. (2014) Metode Penelitian Manajemen. Semarang: BP Universitas Diponegoro.
- François Boutin-Dufresne and Patrick Savaria. (2004) ‘Corporate Social Responsibility and Financial Risk.’, The Journal of Investing Spring, 13(1), pp. 57–66.
- Frederick Winslow Taylor (1911) THE PRINCIPLES OF SCIENTIFIC MANAGEMENT.
- Ghozali, I. (2005) Multivariate dengan Program SPSS. Semarang: BP UNDIP.
- Hair, J. F. et al. (2010) Multivariate Data Analysis. Seventh. Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Howard R. Bowen (1953) Social Responsibilities of the Businessman.
- Imam Ghozali (2016) Model Persamaan Struktural Konsep Dan Aplikasi Dengan Program Amos 24. Semarang: Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.
- Jamal Uddin, S. (2003) ‘Understanding the Framework of business in Islam in an Era Globalization: A Review’, Business Ethics: A European Review, 12(1), pp. 23–30.
- Kanungo, R. N. (2001) ‘Ethical values of transactional and transformational leaders.’, Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 18, pp. 257–256.
- Khuntia, R., & Suar, D. (2004) ‘A scale to assess ethical leadership for Indian private and public sector managers’, Journal of Business Ethics, 49, pp. 13–26.
- Mary Uhl-Bien, John R. Schermerhorn Jr., R. N. O. (2013) Organizational Behavior. 13th Editi.
- Mayer, D. M., Aquino, K., Greenbaum, R. L., & Kuenzi, M. (2012) ‘Who displays ethical leadership and why does it matter? An examination of antecedents and consequences of ethical leadership’, Academy of Management Journal, 55, pp. 151–171.
- Mayer, D. M., Kuenzi, M., Greenbaum, R., Bardes, M., & Salvador, R. (2009) ‘How low does ethical leadership flow? Test of a trickle-down model’, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 108, pp. 1–13.
- Mcwilliams, Abagail & Siegel, D. (2001) ‘Corporate Social Responsibility: A Theory of the Firm Perspective’, The Academy of Management Review, 26, pp. 117–127. doi: 10.5465/AMR.2001.4011987.
- Milton Friedman (1970) ‘The Social Responsibility of Business is to Increase its Profits’, The New York Times Magazine.
- Mulyadi (2021) ‘PENGARUH KEPEMIMPINAN ETIS DAN GOOD CORPORATE GOVERNANCE TERHADAP KINERJA PERUSAHAAN BUMN DI INDONESIA’, Media Riset Akuntansi, Auditing & Informasi, 21(1), pp. 137–159. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.25105/mraai.v21i1.9172.
- Norris, Gweneth & O’Dwyer, B. (2004) ‘Motivating socially responsive decision making: The operation of management controls in a socially responsive organisation’, The British Accounting Review, 36(173–196). doi: 10.1016/j.bar.2003.11.004.
- Randy Evans, W. et al. (2013) ‘History-of-management-thought about social responsibility’, Journal of Management History, 19(1), pp. 8–32. doi: 10.1108/17511341311286150.
- Ria Anindita, H. (2020) ‘Kepemimpinan Etis pada Penerapan Strategi CSRdalam Perspektif Asta Brata’, E-Jurnal Akuntansi, 30(10), pp. 2698–2712. doi: 10.24843/EJA.2020.v30.i10.p20.
- Saeed, Mohammad;Ahmed, Zafar U;Mukhtar, S.-M. (2001) ‘International marketing ethics from an Islamic perspective: A value-maximization approach’, Journal of Business Ethics, 32(2), p. ProQuest Research Librarypg. 127.
- Santoso, S. (2007) Stuctural Equation Modeling Konsep dan Aplikasi dengan AMOS. Jakarta: PT. Elexmedia Komputindo.
- Setyo Hari Wijanto (2008) Structural Equation Modeling dengan Lisrel 8.8: Konsep dan Tutorial. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
- Siddiq, S. and Javed, S. (2014) ‘Impact of CSR on Organizational Performance’, European Journal of Business and Management, 6(27), pp. 40–46.
- Singh, K. and Misra, M. (2021) ‘Linking Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Organizational Performance: the moderating effect of corporate reputation’, European Research on Management and Business Economics, 27(1), p. 100139. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iedeen.2020.100139.
- Sugiyono (2012) Memahami Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: Alfabeta.
- Thing, H. & D. T. (2018) ‘Implementasi Rumus Sobel Pada Web Dengan Topik Regresi Linier Menggunakan Variabel Intervening’, [Online], 1, p. 21. Available at: https://journal.ubm.ac.id/index.php/alu/article/view/1106.
- Treacy M and Wiersema F. (1995) ‘The discipline of market leaders:choose your customers, narrow your focus, dominate yourmarket’, Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Trevino, L. K., & Brown, M. E. (2004) ‘Managing to be ethical: Debunking five business ethics myths’, Academy of Management Executive, 18, pp. 69–204.
- Walumbwa, F. O., & Schaubroeck, J. (2009) ‘Leader personality traits and employee voice behavior: Mediating roles of ethical leadership and work group psychological safety’, Journal of Applied Psychology, 94, pp. 1275–1286.
- Walumbwa, F. O., Mayer, D. M., Wang, P., Wang, H., Workman, C., & Christensen, A. L. (2011) ‘Linking ethical leadership to employee performance: The roles of LMX, self-efficacy, and organizational identification’, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 115, pp. 204–213.
- Wokutch, R. E. and M. J. M. (1998) ‘Capturing the Creation of a Field: Documenting theHistory of Social Issues in Management’, Research in Corporate Social Performance and Policy, 15, pp. 201–212.
- Wood, D.J. (1991) ‘“Corporate social performance revisited”.’Corporate social performance revisited’’, In: Academy of Management Review.16, 4, p. 390.
- Wuryanto, B. A. (2007) ‘ANALISIS FAKTOR-FAKTOR YANG MEMPENGARUHI KINERJA WORD-OF-MOUTH MARKETING ( WoM ) Studi Pada Hungry Buzz Diner Semarang’.
- Yates, L. (2011) ‘Exploring the Realtionship of Ethical Leadership with Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitmen, and Oraganizational Citizenship Behavior’, A Dissertation, Doctor of Bussiness Administration (DBA), George Fox University.
- Zack M, M. J. and S. S. (2009) ‘Knowledge managementand organizational performance: an exploratory analysis’, JKnowlg Manage, 13(6), pp. 392–409. doi: 10.1108/13673270910997088.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.