Universitas Islam Negeri Antasari Banjarmasin - Indonesia
Moderate Behavior of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as a Role Model in Encountering Pluralism
Moderation is the attitude of being in the middle that must be owned by a Muslim, especially Muslims in Indonesia who live amid pluralism. Problems in Indonesia related to intolerant behavior are mainly caused by the lack of moderate attitudes, especially Muslims. Islam should be a pioneer in implementing this reasonable behavior as the majority religion. The research describes some moderate behaviors exemplified by the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) during his life as a role model for Muslims. This research is qualitative descriptive research with a literature study method. The results showed that the moderate behavior of the Prophet Muhammad was reflected in his behavior when Surah al-Kafirun was revealed, his tolerance towards other religions, and his wisdom in solving the problem of laying the Black Stone. He is moderate in doing worship, not excessive. He also sleeps, breaks his fast, gets married, and orders people to pray in a new state that the values of moderate behavior from the exemplary human figure of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) can be applied in overcoming the challenges of a pluralistic life to create a sense of unity.
Keywords: Moderate Behavior, Muhammad (PBUH), Exemplary.
- Abdurrahman, Asep. 2018. Existence of Moderate Islam in Islamic Perspective. Rausyan Fikr: Journal of Thought and Enlightenment 14 (1): 29-40.
- Afroni, Shihabuddin. 2016. The Meaning of Ghuluw in Islam: The Seeds of Religious Extremism. Insights: Scientific Journal of Religion and Socio-Cultural 1 (1): 70-85.
- Alamsyah. 2020. Strengthening Conflict Resolution Based on the Traditions of the Sunnah of the Prophet. Journal of Asy-Shari'ah 22 (1): 92.
- Armyanto, Harda. 2013. The Ethics of the Qur'an Against Non-Muslims. Tsaqafah: Journal of Islamic Civilization 9 (2): 289-306.
- Ash-Shallabi, Ali Muhammad. 2020. Wasathiyah in the Qur'an: Islamic Moderation Values in Akidah, Shari'a, and Morals. Jakarta: Al-Kautsar Library.
- Ash-Syaukani, Al Imam Muhammad bin Ali bin Muhammad. 2008. Tafsir Fathul Qadir. trans. Amir Hamzah Fachruddin. Jakarta: Azzam Library.
- Awal, Moh. Ramlan. 2020. Religious Moderation of Islamic Society in Local Wisdom Towani Tolotang Kec. Tellu-Limpoe. Working together in the midst of Covid-19. IAIN Pare-pare Nusantara Press: Pare-pare.
- Bakar, Abu. 2015. The Concept of Tolerance and Religious Freedom. Tolerance: Journal of Religious Communication Media 7 (2): 123-131.
- Broad, Jacqueline. 2015. The Philosophy of Mary Astell: An Early Modern Theory of Virtue. America: Oxford University Press.
- Bunga, Halida. 2019. Equivalent: There were 2,400 Incidents of Religious Freedom Violations. https://national.tempo.co/read/1271038/setara-ada-2-400-insiden-pelaksanaan-kebebasan-beragama.
- Bungin. 2017. Quantitative Research Methodology: Communication, Economics, and Public Policy and Other Social Sciences. Jakarta: Kencana.
- Djamil, Fathurrahman. 2017. Finding a Progressive Format of Islamic Law with Local Wisdom: Socio-Cultural Approaches and Maqashid Al Syariah. Coordinates: Journal of Inter-University Communication of Islamic Religion 16 (1): 4.
- Firdaus, Ahmad. 2014. Prophet Muhammad and World Civilization. http://aceh.tribunnews.com/2014/01/15/nabi-muhammad-dan-peradaban-dunia.
- Izzan, Ahmad and Saehudin. 2016. Hadith Education: The Concept of Hadith-Based Education. Bandung: Humanities.
- Jose, Paul E. 2013. Doing Statistical Mediation and Moderation. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Mandela, Puja. 2015. Dealing with Differences of Opinion in Islam. https://www.kompasiana.com/puja-mandela/564fc4e1d27e61001081b8e8/menyikapi-beda-opin-dalam-islam.
- Manuntung, Alfeus. 2019. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Hypertensive Patients. Malang: Wineka Media.
- Metrotvnews. Gus Mus: Otherwise Moderate Is Not Islam (Mata Najwa) uploaded by metrotvnews, 21 June 2017,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bwsZOK_XI.
- Muhammad, Sopian. 2011. Management of the Prophet's Love.. Jakarta: Horizon Publishing.
- Mussafa, Rizal Ahyar. 2018. he Concept of Moderation Values in the Qur'an and Its Implementation in Islamic Religious Education: Analysis of the Qur'an Surah al-Baqarah 143. Thesis, UIN Wali Songo Semarang.http://eprints.walisongo.ac.id/9820/.
- Noviyanti, Ririn. 2017. Non-Litigation Dispute Resolution in the History of Islamic Civilization. Mahakim: Journal of Islamic Family Law 1 (2): 1-17.
- Nur, Afrizal and Mukhlis Lubis. 2015. The Concept of Wasathiyah in the Al-Quran: A Comparative Study Between Tafsir Al-Tahrir Wa At-Tanwir and Aisar At-Tafasir. Journal of An-Nur 4(2): 205-225.
- Purwanto, Yedi, Qowaid, Lisa'diyah Ma'rifataini, Ridwan Fauzi. 2019. Internalization of Moderation Values through Islamic Religious Education in Public Universities. Education: Journal of Religious and Religious Education Research 17(2): 110-124.
- Qardhawi, Yusuf. 2017. Islam is the Middle Way: Avoiding Exaggeration in Religion. Bandung: Mizan Pustaka.
- Ridwan, Yusuf. 2019. Interpretation of the Verses About Unity of the Ummah in the Qur'an. Thesis, UIN Sunan Gunung Jati Bandung.http://digilib.uinsgd.ac.id/27603/.
- Rostitawati, Tita. 2015. The Concept of Moral Education in the Al-Quran. Irfani Journal 11(1): 28-40.
- Saragih, Erman S. 2017. Analysis and Meaning of the Theology of the One Godhead in the Context of Religious Pluralism in Indonesia. Journal of Cultivation Theology 2 (1): 1-13.
- Shihab, M. Quraish. 2019. Wasathiyyah: Islamic Insights on Religious Moderation. Tangerang: Heart Lantern.
- Sukarman, Raharjo, and Fatah Syukur. 2019. Deradicalization of Religion in the Digital Age Through Multicultural Islamic Education. Journal of Islamic Studies and Humanities 4 (2): 171-186.
- Sutrisno, Edy. 2019. Actualization of Religious Moderation in Educational Institutions. Journal of Islamic Guidance 12(1): 323-348.
- Shakir, Septian El. 2014. Islamic Hypno Parenting: Educating Today's Children Like the Prophet. Jakarta: Librarians.
- Syarifuddin, Ahmad. 2003. Fasting Towards Physical and Psychological Health. Jakarta: Human Echo.
- Umar, Erwin. 2018. Crying with the Prophet. Yogyakarta: DIVA Press.
- Untung, Syamsul Hadi. 2014. Islamic Attitudes Towards Non-Muslim Minorities. Kalimah: Journal of Religious Studies and Islamic Thought 12 (1): 27-48.
- Usman, Dia Hidayati and Amir Faishol Fath. 2020. Formation of Religious Character Perspective of Surat Al-Kafirun. Journal of Out-of-school Education 14 (2): 71-84.
- Wahyudi, Moh. 2018. Analysis of the Entry of Faith in the Agma Column in the Family Card and Identity Card; Study of the Constitutional Court Decision Number 97/PUU-XIV/2016 concerning the Judicial Review of the Population Administration Law. Thesis, Islamic University of Indonesia Yogyakarta. https://dspace.uii.ac.id/handle/123456789/7231.
- Widiyastuti, Retno. 2010. Similarities in Cultural Differences. Semarang: Bengawan Ilmu.
- Widodo, Joko. 2017. Plurality of Society in Islam. Journal of Wahana Akademika 4(1): 81-92.
- Yasien, Asy Shaykh Khalil. 1993. Muhammad in the Eyes of Western Scholars. Jakarta: Gema Insani Press.
- Zayadi, Achmad and IAT IAIN Salatiga students. 2018. Towards Moderate Islam. Salatiga: Space Book.
- Zuhry, Ach Dhofir. 2020. Prophet Muhammad Wasn't an Arab?. Jakarta: Elex Media Komputindo.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.