Stichting Cosmicus - Netherlands
Societies Need New Perspectives on Race and Ethnicity: Societies in Harmony (Religious Context)
After many centuries, humankinds have reached today’s time by passing the centuries’ gatherings to their offspring. The civilizations which were established in the different part of the world have had their own culture according to their needs, religions, daily routines etc. One more step from here to cultural and traditional attitudes which were risen and had been started to show them on individual’s behaviors and ideas. During these periods, the individuals specifically have learned and understood life from their societies. So, individuals’ behaviors and attitudes are shaped according to societies what cultural arguments they have. The perception and understanding of arguments can be different in those many centuries but there have -always- been race and ethnicity. The interpreting of the terms specifically has shown itself weakly or strongly from the deep sight of the history till now. This article has a general glance at race and ethnicity for seeking and finding the middle path in the societies. It is important to study on race and ethnicity and to build a new understanding and perspective for humans and how to bring positive ideas for societies and nations.
Keywords : Culture, Ethnicity, Ignorant Educated People, Race, Society
- Andreouli, E., Greenland, K., Howarth, C. 2015. ‘I Don't Think Racism Is That Bad Any More’: Exploring the ‘End of Racism’ Discourse among Students in English Schools. European Journal of Social Psychology, Retrieved 23rd Dec. 2018 from https://doi.org/10.1002/ejsp.2143.
- Banks, J., Banks, C. 1995. Handbook of Research on Multi-Cultural Education. New York: Macmillan Publishing.
- Banton, M. 2015. Racism. Wiley Online Library, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. Retrieved 5th December 2018 from https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118663202.wberen539.
- Boundless. 2018. "Culture, Ethnicity, and Race." Boundless Communications. Retrieved 13th June 2018 from https://www.boundless.com/communications/textbooks/boundless-communications-textbook/analyzing-the-audience-7/demographic-factors-to-consider-38/culture-ethnicity-and-race-169-8389/
- Bassett, M. T., Krieger, N., Bailey, Z. 2017. Charlottesville: Blatant Racism, Not Grievances, On Display. The Lancet, Volume 390, Issue 10109, P2243, November 18, 2017, Retrieved 13th January 2019 from DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(17)32855-6
- Dictionary, Law, http://thelawdictionary.org/society/ erişim:14.10.2019
- Grosfoguel, R. 2016. What is Racism? Journal Of World-Systems Research, University of Pittsburgh Press. ISSN: 1076-156X | Vol. 22 Issue 1 Page 9-15 http://dx.doi.org/10.5195/jwsr.2016.609 | jwsr.org
- Huitt, W. 2004. Values, Educational psychology interactive, Valdosta, GA: Valdosta State
- University, http://www.edpsycinteractive.org/topics/affect/values.html Access date:
- Kurt, I. 2014. Social Life and Values Education from the View of AKHI Association. Mevlana International Journal of Moral and Values Education (MIJMVE) Vol. 1(1), pp. 39-45
- Magsino, R. F. 1979. What moral education in newfoundland schools?. Society and
- Education in Newfoundland, (II), 339-344.
- Marger, M. 2003. Race and Ethnic Relations: American and Global Perspectives. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Myers, J. P. 2007. Dominant-Minority Relations in America. Boston: Pearson.
- Ryan, K. & Bohlin, K. 1999. Building character in schools, San Francisco, Jossey-Bass Pub
- Schweder, R., Goodnow, J., Hatano, G., LeVine, R., Markus, H., Miller, P., Damon, W., Lerner, R. M. 1998. The Cultural Psychology of Development: One Mind, Many Mentalities. Handbook of Child Psychology: Vol. 1. Theoretical models of human development (5th Ed.) New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Tannen, D., Hamilton, H. E., Schiffrin, D., Editor(s). 2015. The Handbook of Discourse Analysis, 2; ISBN:9780470670743 |Online ISBN:9781118584194 |DOI:10.1002/9781118584194, Copyright © 2015 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Wodak, R., Reisigl, M. 2015. Discourse and Racism Chapter 27: The Handbook of Discourse Analysis, 2; Editor(s): Tannen, D., Hamilton, H. E., Schiffrin, D., ISBN:9780470670743 |Online ISBN:9781118584194 |DOI:10.1002/9781118584194, Copyright © 2015 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Yiğittir S. & Öcal A. 2011. High school history teachers' views on value and value of Education, KMU Journal of Social and Economic Research, 13(20), 117-124.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.