STIE Cendekia Karya Utama, Semarang - Indonesia
Competitive Advantages of Sharia Banks: Role of Ihsan Behavior and Digital Marketing in New Normal
Covid pandemic 19 had an impact on all aspects, one of which was related to Islamic banking. This article aims to discuss the role of Ihsan's behaviour as a foundation in building relationships with customers, building brand image through communication with the characteristics of Islamic values, and how organizations provide support so that the development of digital marketing communication runs effectively. The method uses a qualitative approach, with secondary data sources. Data analysis uses descriptive analysis approach. The results of the study show that the new pattern of life called the new normal as a result of the co-19 pandemic has affected various sectors of social, economic, and even religious life. Islamic banks, as part of institutions that have an important role must be able to adapt and have a strategy to establish excellent communication and services with their customers. The business foundation, with the foundation of Ihsan values, with communication strategies through digital media, is expected to be able to increase the advantages of Islamic banks.
Keywords : Ihsan Behaviour, Digital Communication Marketing, Competitive Advantage, Brand Image, New Normal
- Abdul Azis Abdul Rauf, Lc dan Andi Subarkah, L. (2018). Al Qur’anul Karim Al- Hufaz. Bandung: Cordoba.
- Aspan, H., Sipayung, I. M., Muharrami, A. P., & Ritonga, H. M. (2017). The Effect of Halal Label, Halal Awarness, Product Price, and Brand Image to the Purchasing Decision on Cosmetic Products (Case Study on Consumers of Sari Ayu Martha Tilaar in Binjai City). International Journal of Global Sustainability, 1(1), 55. https://doi.org/10.5296/ijgs.v1i1.12017
- Asyhari, A., Pudjihastuti, S. H., & Kurdaningsih, D. M. (2018). Peran mediasi keunggulan kompetitif pada faktor determinan kinerja bisnis UKM di sentra tenun batik di Jawa Tengah. Jurnal Siasat Bisnis, 22(2), 111–131. https://doi.org/10.20885/jsb.vol22.iss2.art1
- Barney, J. (1991). Firm Reources ad Sustained Competitive Advantege. Journal of Management, Vol. 17, pp. 99–120.
- Barsade, S. G. (2002). The ripple effect: Emotional contagion and its influence on group behavior. Administrative Science Quarterly, 47(4). https://doi.org/10.2307/3094912
- Bentley, T. A., Teo, S. T. T., McLeod, L., Tan, F., Bosua, R., & Gloet, M. (2016). The role of organizational support in teleworker wellbeing: A socio-technical systems approach. Applied Ergonomics, 52, 207–215. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2015.07.019
- Bosua, R., Nederland, O. U., Gloet, M., Kurnia, S., & Mendoza, A. (2012). Telework , productivity and. (October).
- Chinomona, R. (2016). African Journal of Economic and Management Studies Article information : African Journal of Economic and Management Studies,VII(1). https://doi.org/10.1108/AJEMS-06-2016-0088
- Coenen, M., & Kok, R. A. W. (2014). Workplace flexibility and new product development performance: The role of telework and flexible work schedules. European Management Journal, 32(4), 564–576. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emj.2013.12.003
- De George, R. T. (1982). What is the American business value system? Journal of Business Ethics, 1(4), 267–275. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00382813
- Furqani, H. (2015). Individual and society in an Islamic ethical framework Exploring key terminologies and the micro-foundations of Islamic economics. Humanomics, 31(1), 74–87.
- Gilboa, S., Seger-Guttmann, T., & Mimran, O. (2019). The unique role of relationship marketing in small businesses’ customer experience. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 51(May), 152–164. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2019.06.004
- Handy, C. (2008). What is Business For? 1–9.
- Heffernan, T., O’Neill, G., Travaglione, T., & Droulers, M. (2008). Relationship marketing: The impact of emotional intelligence and trust on bank performance. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 26(3), 183–199. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320810864652
- Hidayat, Rachmad and Akhmad, sabarudin. (2015). The Influence of Service Quality, Religious Commitment and Trust On The Customers’ Satisfaction and Loyalty And Decision To Do The Transaction In Mandiri Sharia Bank Of Jawa Timur. Al-Ulum, 15(57–90).
- Irmadariyani, R., Fadah, I., Tobing, D. S. K., & Wardayati, S. M. (2016). Accounting and Finance Review Initiating the Concept of Ihsan into Shari ’ ah ’ s Corporate Social Responsibility. 1(1), 19–26.
- Karatepe, O. M. (2015). Do personal resources mediate the effect of perceived organizational support on emotional exhaustion and job outcomes? International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 27(1), 4–26. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-09-2013-0417
- Karjaluoto, H., Mustonen, N., & Ulkuniemi, P. (2015). The role of digital channels in industrial marketing communications. Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 30(6), 703–710. https://doi.org/10.1108/JBIM-04-2013-0092
- Keller, K. L., & Lehmann, D. R. (2006). Brands and branding: Research findings and future priorities. Marketing Science, 25(6), 740–759. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.1050.0153
- Kostopoulos, K., Papalexandris, A., Papachroni, M., & Ioannou, G. (2011). Absorptive capacity, innovation, and financial performance. Journal of Business Research, 64(12), 1335–1343. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2010.12.005
- Louro, M. J., Pieters, R., & Zeelenberg, M. (2005). Negative Returns on Positive Emotions: The Influence of Pride and Self‐Regulatory Goals on Repurchase Decisions. Journal of Consumer Research, 31(4), 833–840. https://doi.org/10.1086/426619
- Luxton, S., Reid, M., & Mavondo, F. (2015). Integrated marketing communication capability and brand performance. Journal of Advertising, 44(1), 37–46. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2014.934938
- Mas’ud, F. (2017). Manajemen Bisnis Berbasis Pandangan Hidup Islam. Semarang: UNDIP Press.
- Michel, J. W., Kavanagh, M. J., & Tracey, J. B. (2013). Got Support? The Impact of Supportive Work Practices on the Perceptions, Motivation, and Behavior of Customer-Contact Employees. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 54(2), 161–173. https://doi.org/10.1177/1938965512454595
- Mohiuddin, M.G., G.O. Yusof, and A. B. (2013). “Organizing: An Islāmic Perspective.” Global Disclosure of Economics and Business 2, No. 2, 60–72.
- Pezeshki, V., Mousavi, A., Rakowski, R. T., Pauwels, K. H., Silva-Risso, J., Srinivasan, S., … Ekonomi, F. (2011). The Role of Relationship Marketing in Customer Orientation Process in the Banking Industry with focus on Loyalty. Ssrn, 3(1), 155–167. https://doi.org/10.32400/ja.49188.8.131.524.122-133
- Preis, M. W. (2003). The Impact of Interpersonal Satisfaction on Repurchase Decisions. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 39(2), 30–38. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-493X.2003.tb00157.x
- Ratnatunga, J., & Ewing, M. T. (2005). The brand capability value of integrated marketing communication (imc). Journal of Advertising, 34(4), 25–40. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2005.10639214
- Ratnatunga, J., & Ewing, M. T. (2009). An ex-ante approach to brand capability valuation. Journal of Business Research, 62(3), 323–331. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.04.003
- Rego, A., Sousa, F., Marques, C., & Pina e Cunha, M. (2014). Hope and positive affect mediating the authentic leadership and creativity relationship. Journal of Business Research, 67(2), 200–210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2012.10.003
- Runyan, R. C., & Droge, C. (2008). A categorization of small retailer research streams: What does it portend for future research? Journal of Retailing, 84(1), 77–94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2008.01.003
- Sardeshmukh, S. R., Sharma, D., & Golden, T. D. (2012). Impact of telework on exhaustion and job engagement: A job demands and job resources model. New Technology, Work and Employment, 27(3), 193–207. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-005X.2012.00284.x
- Shadab, R. (2012). Effects of Ethical Sales Behavior Considered Through Transaction Cost Theory : To Whom is the Customer Loyal ? Oman Chapter of Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review, 2(5), 30–37. https://doi.org/10.12816/0002265
- Shihab, M. Q. (1999). Membumikan Al Quran: Fungsi dan Peran wahyu dalam Kehidupan Masyarakat. Bandung: Mizan.
- Taken Smith, K. (2012). Longitudinal study of digital marketing strategies targeting Millennials. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 29(2), 86–92. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363761211206339
- Taylor,S. A., & Hunter, G. (2003). An exploratory investigation into the antecedents of satisfaction, brand attitude, and loyalty within the (B2B) eCRM industry. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 16.
- Tzokas, N., Kim, Y. A., Akbar, H., & Al-Dajani, H. (2015). Absorptive capacity and performance: The role of customer relationship and technological capabilities in high-tech SMEs. Industrial Marketing Management, 47, 134–142. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2015.02.033
- Varadarajan, P. R. (1999). Strategy Content and Process Perspectives Revisited. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 27(1), 88–100. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070399271007
- Wei, L. Q., & Lau, C. M. (2010). High performance work systems and performance: The role of adaptive capability. Human Relations, 63(10), 1487–1511. https://doi.org/10.1177/0018726709359720
- Wood, R. and Bandura, A. (1989). Social cognitive theory of organizational management. Academy of Management Review, 14(No.3), 361–384.
- Zeithaml, V. A., Berry, L. L., & Parasuraman, A. (1996). The Behavioral Consequences of Service Quality. Journal of Marketing, 60(2), 31–46. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224299606000203
- Zunus, M. Pelajaran Bisnis dari Sahabat Abdurrahman bin Auf. , (2019).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.