Department of Physics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universitas Islam Walisongo Semarang, Central Java - Indonesia
The Application of Music Therapy For Children with Autism Based On Facial Recognition Using Eigenface Method
This research is motivated by the condition of children with autism who require continuous monitoring without a parent accompany, and certain therapies who is capable to reduce repetitive behaviors and increase the concentration. Music therapy is one of the treatment which able to perform it. The implementation of this research is located in a special schools with autism, the perform is proper at certain times and requires tools for music therapy. Therefore, the integrated device was made to monitor the activities of children with autism, as well as providing music therapy automatic face recognition based on Eigenface method.This device perform when the children with autism under certain conditions (e.g. crying, the teacher would not work orders, etc.), then by capturing the the facial image, the system will process to compare the similarity with the existing database. Then, the shortest distance of euclidean is chosen. If the captured of facial image is similar to the one existing database, then the music is performed as music therapy for children with autism. The results of this system, indicates that the child's responses become more calm, easy concentration, and the repetitive attitude is reduced. While the accuracy of the system achieves by 80% (compare with the old and new database) and 20%. (without new database). ©2017 JNSMR UIN Walisongo. All rights reserved.
Keywords : Autism; Music Therapy; Face Recognition; Eigenface
- P. Kern, Making Friend In Music; Including with Autism in an Interactive Play Setting- Music Teraphy Today, http://musictheraphytoday.net, accesed 1 January 2013.
- STEER, Music Theraphy For Children With Autistic Specrum Disorder, http://www.wihrd.soton.ac.uk/proix/sign_post/steers/steer-2004 (1).pdf. , accesed 1 January 2013.
- A. Chandra, Terapi musik untuk mengurangi perilaku repetitif pada anak autis, Thesis, Jurusan Psikologi UGM, 2007.
- M. Anugroho, Terapi Musik Pada Autis, Modul Pada Autism Short course, Yogyakarta, 2006.
- S. Bayu, A. Hendriawan, dan R. Susetyoko, Penerapan Face Recognition Dengan Metode Eigenface Dalam Intelegent Home Security. ITS, Surabaya, 2011.
- N.E. Diana, Sistem Temu Kembali Citra Wajah Berbasis Eigenface, Skripsi, Fakultas Ilmu Komputer , Universitas Indonesia, 2007.
- The National Autistic Society, Music Theraphy, http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp , accessed 24 Desember 2012.