Faculty of Islamic Economics and Business, Universitas Islam Negeri Walisongo Semarang - Indonesia
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gwnFS_0AAAAJ&hl=en
The Potential of Halal Tourism Industry in Uzbekistan
Halal Tourism is one indicator of success in bringing in foreign exchange, especially in the tourism sector. In addition, halal tourism can provide security and comfort for Muslim tourists visiting the country. This study aims to find out the potential of the halal tourism industry in Uzbekistan, a country located in Central Asia, while developing halal tourism. The method in this study uses a qualitative approach using secondary data sources. This study shows that Uzbekistan has managed to rank 16 according to the Global Muslim Travel Index in 2021, up 4 places from the previous year. This is something good for the development of halal tourism in Uzbekistan. So that Uzbekistan can maintain the advantages of halal tourism with unique historical tourist attractions, visa exemptions, and delicious culinary tours. So, Uzbekistan can also improve its shortcomings in the communication sector and access connectivity and transportation infrastructure.
Keywords: Halal, Tourism, Industry, Uzbekistan
- A. Mohsin, N. Ramli, B. A. A. (2016). Halal tourism: Emerging opportunities. Tourism Management Perspectives., 3.
- Adham Israilov1 , Asterio T. Miranda, Jr. Ph.D2* , Juneth Lourdes F. Miranda, CPA, D. M. (2020). The Tourism Development in Uzbekistan: An Assessment. International Journal of Managerial Studies and Research, 8(2). https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.20431/2349-0349.0808010
- Aniqoh, N. A. F. A. (2020). The Role of Digital Economy to Enhancing Sustainable Economic Development. . . International Journal of Social Science and Business, Volume 4, 520–528. https://ejournal.undiksha.ac.id/index.php/IJSSB/index
- Battour, Mohamed, and M. N. I. (2016). ‘Halal Tourism: Concepts, Practises, Challenges and Future.’ Tourism Management Perspectives, 19. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/J.TMP.2015.12.008
- El-Gohary, H. (2016). Halal Tourism, Is It Really Halal? Tourism Management Perspectives, 19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2015.12.013
- Faridakhon Khamidova, J. S. (2020). Tourism Potential of the Republic of Uzbekistan and Opportunities for Its Development. International Journal of Multicultural and Multireligious Understanding, 7(3). http://dx.doi.org/10.18415/ijmmu.v7i3
- G. Musa, S.M. Mohezar, S. M. (2016). Understanding Islamic (Halal) Tourism Through Leiper’s Tourism System. Understanding Islamic (Halal) Tourism Through Leiper’s Tourism System.
- GMTI. (2021). Global Muslim Travel Index 2021. https://www.crescentrating.com/halal-muslim-travel-market-reports.html
- Halal la carte. (2020). The Economist.
- Haleem, A. a. (2017). Towards successful adoption of halal logistics and its implications for the stakeholders. British Food Journal, 119.
- Javeed Anam, B. M. (2018). Conceptualizing the relation between halal logo, perceived product quality and the role of consumer knowledge. Journal of Islamic Marketing.
- Juan Eduardo Campo, ed. (2009). Halal. In Encyclopedia of Islam (p. 284). Infobase Publishing.
- Moleong, Lexy, J. D. (2005). Metode penelitian Kualitatif. PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
- Nur Asnawi, B. M. (2018). Halal Products Consumption in International Chain Restaurants among Global Moslem Consumers. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 132.
- Rajagopal, S. R. (2011). Journal of Islamic Marketing. Halal Certifi Cation: Implication for Marketers in UAE, 2, 138–153.
- Saad, S, Kassem, M. & Scott, N. (2010). Tourism and Islamic Law. Tourism in the Muslim World Bridging Tourism Theory and Practice,Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2.
- Standard, T. R. and D. (2015). Global Halal Market. Halal Industry.
- Usmanova, S. B. (2019). Development of ziy elopment of ziyarah tourism in the Republic of Uzbekistan Tourism in the Republic of Uzbekistan within the Organization of Islamic Cooperation. Review of Law Science, 3
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.