Fakultas Ilmu Sosial dan Ilmu Politik Universitas Jenderal Soedirman, Purwokerto - Indonesia
Perkembangan Islam dan Gerakan Politiknya di Malaysia
Islam entered the territory of Malaysia, especially in the Malacca kingdom, through Muslim merchants from India and Arab-Persia around the 7th century AD The broad development took place around the 13th century, with the discovery of inscriptions nuanced by Islam. Islamic political thought and movement was more intensive since the struggle for political compromise to gain independence from British colonialism. The Islamic political movement has a spectacular momentum when the Malaysian Constitution places Islam as the official religion of the state and makes ethnic Malays as a special group (special privileges) over other ethnic groups. The development of Islam is supported by an Islamic political movement that is controlled by political parties holding power, namely UMNO, even though Islam is inclusive and upholds the value of nationalism, its work still prioritizes Islamic values. Opposition parties such as PAS which are more fundamaentalist in their ethical sense have actually been adopted by the ruling party. This means that the two parties benefited the existence of Islam. Referring to the peaceful Islamic political movement in order to uphold the teachings of Islam in Malaysia, both legally and formally and constitutionally and culturally, it can be an inspiration to other Muslim-majority countries.
Keywords : Islam; politics; party; ethnicity; constitution
- Ayubi, Nazih N. 1981. Political Islam, Religion And Politics In The Arab World,. London And New York: Rotledge.
- Daulay, Hamdan. 2006. “Persaingan Strategi Politik UMNO Dan PAS Di Malaysia (Dari Wacana Syariat Islam Hingga Konsep Islam Hadhari).” 47(1).
- Miller, Erice. 2004. “The Role Of Islam In Malaysian Political Practice.” Journal For Issues Related To Southwest Asia And Islamic Civilization. http://fletcher.tufts.edu/~/Media/ Fletcher/ Microsites/ Al nakhlah/Archives/Pdfs/Miller.Pdf.
- Milner, A.C. 1989. Islam Dan Martabat Raja Melayu. Islam Di A. ed. Dkk Ahmad Ibrahim. Jakarta: LP3ES.
- Osman, Mohd. Taib. 1989. Pengislaman Orang Orang Melyu: Suatu Transformasi Budaya. Islam Di A. ed. Dkk Ahmad Ibrahim. Jakarta: LP3ES.
- Raziq, Ali Abd. 1924. Al Islam Wa Ushul Al Hukmi , Bahts Fil Al Khulafat Al Hukmiyah Fi Al Islam. Kairo: Mathba’ah al Mishra.
- Sadzali, Munawir. 1990. Sadzali, MunawirIslam Dan Tata Negara, Ajaran, Sejarah Dan Pemikiran. Jakarta: UI Press.
- Thaba, Abdul Aziz. 1996. Islam Dan Negara Dalam Politik Orde Baru. Jakarta: Gema Insani Press.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.