Institut Agama Islam Negeri Syaikh Abdurrahman Siddik Bangka Belitung - Indonesia
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.id/citations?user=lQGYmUYAAAAJ&hl=id
Maqāṣid Al-Shariah in the Contemporary Islamic Legal Discourse: Perspective of Jasser Auda
Nowadays, Muslims are facing various contemporary problems related to the discourse of fiqh or Islamic law. In this case, the old tradition of Islamic jurisprudence is no longer sufficient to answer those problems due to the changes in the context of space, time, culture, and contemporary sciences. Any effort to renew the aspect of methodology must be done in the field of uṣul al-fiqh not only in Islamic jurisprudence. This is the reason that methodological reconstruction is needed in order to make it is able to accommodate the various problems that are disturbing Muslims today. One of Muslim scholars who tried to reconstruct at the level of the methodology of maqāṣid al-shariah is Jasser Auda. For the purpose of reconstructing maqāṣid al-shariah fundamentally, Auda uses a philosophical approach that is multidisciplinary as well as open with various other relevant disciplines as a methodological framework for reforming the study of uṣul al-fiqh and Islamic law. Applying philosophical and historical approach this study found that Auda reconstructs maqāṣid al-shariah by offering six features: cognitive nature, wholeness, openness, interrelated hierarchy, multidimensionality, and purposefulness. Furthermore, Auda gives contribution to the development of Islamic law and human rights. This paper will explore reconstruction as well as the contribution of maqāṣid al-shariah promoted by Auda through the approach of the philosophy of the system.
Keywords: Islamic jurisprudence; Islamic law; Jasser Auda; maqāṣid al-shariah; paradigm reconstruction; system approach
- Abdullah, M. Amin. 2002. Mazhab Jogja: Menggagas Paradigma Ushul Fiqh Kontemporer. Yogyakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media.
- ———. 2012. “Bangunan Baru Epistemologi Keilmuan Studi Hukum Islam Dalam Merespon Globalisasi”,.” Jurnal Ilmu Syariah Dan Hukum 46 (II): 315–68.
- Al-Alwani, Taha Jabir. 2001. Maqāṣid Al-Sharia. Beirut: IIIT & Dar al-Hadi.
- Auda, Jasser. 2008a. Maqāṣid Al-Shari’ah: A Beginner’s Guide. London: The International Institute of Islamic Thought.
- ———. 2008b. Maqāṣid Al-Shariah as Philosophy of Islamic Law. London: The International Institute of Islamic Thought.
- ———. 2008c. Sharia and Politics. London: The International Institute of Islamic Thought.
- ———. 2013. Al-Maqāṣid Untuk Pemula. Edited by Ali Abd El-Mun’im. Yogyakarta: SUKA Press.
- ———. 2015. Membumikan Hukum Islam Melalui Maqāṣid Syariah. Edited by Rosidin and Ali Abd El-Mun’im. Bandung: Mizan.
- Busyro. 2017. Maqāṣid Al-Syariah. Ponorogo: Wade Group.
- Ibn Ashūr, Muhammad Al-Ṭahir. 2006. Treatise on Maqāṣid Al-Shariah. London: The International Institute of Islamic Thought.
- Kamali, Mohammad Hasim. 2008. Membumikan Syariah. Edited by Miki Salman. Bandung: Mizan.
- Marcoes, Lies. 2018. Maqāṣid Al-Islam. Jakarta: Yayasan Rumah Kitab.
- Mawardi, Ahmad Imam. 2010. Fiqh Minoritas. Yogyakarta: LKiS.
- Mu’ammar, M. Arfan and Abdul Wahid Hasan (ed.). 2012. Studi Islam. Yogyakarta: IRCISOD.
- Riḍa, Muhammad Rashid. 1406. Al-Wahy Al-Muhammadiy. Cairo: Mu’assas ’Izz al-Din.
- Sahabuddin (ed.). 2007. Ensiklopedi Al-Qur’an. Jakarta: Lentera Hati.
- Shihab, M. Quraish. 1997. Wawasan Al-Qur’an. Bandung: Mizan.
- ———. 2002. Tafsir Al-Misbah Vol. 5. Jakarta: Lentera Hati.
- Subhan, Muhammad. 2013. Tafsir Maqāṣidiy. Kediri: Lirboyo Press.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.