Unwahas Semarang - Indonesia
MENINGKATKAN TRANSPARANSI DAN DISIPLIN PASAR PERBANKAN SYARIAH DI INDONESIA
Supervision and market discipline is an act of market participants in response to the performance and risk of the bank. Market discipline has realized its importance in supporting the creation of a sound banking, and has been adopted in the Basel II as one of the pillars of sound banking. One of the prerequisites of effective market discipline is the transparency of bank information to market participants. Transparency and market discipline in Islamic banks are becoming more important as application -sharing system, in which the Islamic bank depositors are theoretically exposed to a higher risk than conventional bank customers who receive definitive results. The importance of transparency and market discipline in Islamic banks has been realized with the formulation of the principles of transparency and disclosure of information in order to improve market discipline on banks by the sharia Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) in 2007.
This paper examines the theoretical framework of market discipline, the principles of transparency in promoting Islamic banking market discipline prepared by the IFSB, and various disciplines of research results in the banking market and the Indonesian Islamic banking. From the results of this study, formulated a variety of challenges and things that need to be considered to improve transparency and encourage market discipline of Islamic banking in Indonesia. At the end, delivered various subsequent recommendations to improve transparency and market discipline practices of Islamic banking in Indonesia.
Keywords : transparansi, disiplin pasar, bank syariah
- Ariffin, Noraini Mohd; Archer, Simon; Karim, Rifaat Ahmed Abdel. 2005. Transparency and Market Discipline in Islamic Banks. islamiccenter.kau.edu.sa
- Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. 2001. “Working Paper on Pillar 3– Market Discipline”. Bank for International Settlements
- Hamalainen, Paul; Hall, Maximilian; Howcroft, Barry . 2003. “Market Discipline : a Theoritical Framework For Regulatory Policy Development” dalam Kaufman, George G., Market Discipline in Banking : Theory and Evidence. Elsevier.
- Hamalainen, Paul; Hall, Maximilian; Howcroft, Barry . 2005. “A framework for Market Discipline in Bank Regulatory Design”. Journal of Business, Finance & Accounting. Vol 32 (1) & (2), January/ March 2005, pp.183-209
- Hasan; Tandelilin, Eduardus. 2012. “Banking Market Discipline in Indonesia an Empirical Test on Conventional and Islamic Banks”. Journal of Indonesian Economy & Business. Vol 27, Number 2, May 2012.
- Hosono, Kaoru, Hiroko Iwaki, Kotaro Tsuru. 2005. “Banking Crises, Deposit Insurance, and Market Discipline: Lessons from the Asian Crises”. RIETI Discussion Paper Series 05-E-029, October 2005
- Jatna, Mardianto. 2007. Pengujian Efektivitas Market Disipline (Disiplin pasar) Pada Bank Umum di Indonesia dengan Balanced Panel Data Estimation. Tesis Magister Manajemen Universitas Gadjah Mada.
- Lane, Timothy D. 1993. “Market Discipline”. Staff Papers - International Monetary Fund, Vol. 40, No. 1 (Mar., 1993), pp. 53-88
- Laeven, Luc. 2002. “Bank Risk and Deposit Insurance”. The World Bank Economic Review, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 109-137
- Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo, Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, Sergio L. Schmukler. 2004. “Market Dsicipline under Systemic Risk: Evidence from Bank Runs in Emerging Economies”. Working paper
- Peria, Maria Soledad Martinez, Sergio L. Schmukler. 2001. “Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises”. The Journal of Finance, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 1029-1051
- Saunders, Anthony dan Cornett, Marcia Millon. 2008. Financial Institution Management : A Risk Management Approach, International Edition. New York. Mc Graw Hill.
- Stephanou, Constantinos. 2010. Rethinking Market Discipline in Banking Lessons from the Financial Crisis. The World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 5227
- Taswan. 2011. Kepemilikan Bank, Kepatuhan Regulasi dan Disiplin Pasar : Kontrol Risiko Perbankan dan Moral Hazard Terkait Posisi Charter Value Pada Periode Penjaminan Simpanan Implisit dan Eksplisit. Ringkasan Disertasi Ujian Terbuka dan Promosi Doktor Fakultas Ekonomika dan Bisnis Universitas Gadjah Mada. Yogyakarta
- Valensi, Mega. 2005. Who Disciplines Indonesian Banks? a Study of Market Discipline In Indonesia 1980–1999. Thesis for the Doctor of Philosophy of Department of Accounting and Finance Faculty of Business and Economics Monash University. Australia.