(Scopus ID 57196277753) Universitas Islam Negeri Walisongo - Indonesia
SCOPUS ID: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=57196277753
To Cheat or not to Cheat? Sex Differences and Academic Performance as Factors of Cheating Behavior
Keywords : cheating behavior; sex differences; academic performance; cheating probability
- Abdulghani, Hamza Mohammad, Shafiul Haque, Yousef Abdullah Almusalam, Saleh Lafi Alanezi, Yazeed Abdulaziz Alsulaiman, Mohammad Irshad, and Nehal Khamis. “Self-reported cheating among medical students: An alarming finding in a cross-sectional study from Saudi Arabia.” PLoS ONE 13, no. 3 (2018): 1-18, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0194963
- Aşkar, Petek, Yasemin Koçak Usluel, and Filiz Mumcu. “Logistic Regression Modeling for Predicting Task-Related ICT Use in Teaching.” Educational Technology and Society 9, no. 2 (2006): 141-151.
- Bispingm Timothy O., Hilde Patron, and Kenneth Roskelley. “Modeling Academic Dishonesty: The Role of Student Perceptions and Misconduct Type.” The Journal of Economic Education 39, no. 1 (2008): 4-21, https://doi.org/10.3200/JECE.39.1.4-21
- Bruggeman, Elizabeth Leistler and Kathleen J. Hart. “Cheating, Lying, and Moral Reasoning by Religious and Secular High School Students.” The Journal of Educational Research 89, no. 6 (1996): 340-344.
- Burrus, Robert T., Kim Marie McGoldrick and Peter W. Schuhmann. “Self-reports of student cheating: Does a definition of cheating matter?” The Journal of Economic Education 38, no. 1 (2007): 3–16.
- Callahan, David. The Cheating Culture: Why More Americans are Doing More to Get Ahead. Orlando: Harcourt, 2005.
- Cladellas, Ramon. Mercè Clariana Muntada, Badia Martín, and Concepción Gotzens. “Academic Cheating and Gender Differences in Barcelona (Spain),” Summa Psicológica UST 10, no. 1 (2013): 65-72, https://doi.org/10.18774/448x.2013.10.37
- Decoo, W. “How to Break that Cheating Art.” Times Higher Education Supplement, 2002, February, 1526, 1.
- Finn, Kristin Voelkl and Michael R. Frone. “Academic Performance and Cheating: Moderating Role of School Identification and Self-Efficacy.” The Journal of Educational Research 97, no. 3 (2004): 115-121, https://doi.org/10.3200/JOER.97.3.115-121.
- Hadjar Ibnu. W-Stats: Program Aplikasi Statistik Walisongo. Semarang: UIN Walisongo, 2016.
- Hadjar Ibnu. “The Effect of Religiosity and Perception on Academic Cheating among Muslim Students in Indonesia.” Journal of Education and Human Development 6, no. 1 (2017): 139-147, https://doi.org/10.15640/jehd.v6n2a15
- Hadjar Ibnu. Statistik untuk Ilmu Pendidikan, Sosial, dan Humaniora. Bandung: Rosda Karya, 2019.
- Hamani, Jaouhar, Nasr Chalghaf, Habib Maaloul, and Fairouz Azaiez. “The Exam Cheating among Tunisian Students of the Higher Institute of Sport and Physical Education of Sfax,” Journal of Humanities and Social Science 15, no. 6 (2013): 90-95.
- Harding, Trevor S., Matthew J. Mayhew, Cynthia J. Finelli, and Donald D. Carpenter, “The Theory of Planned Behavior as a Model of Academic Dishonesty in Engineering and Humanities Undergraduates.” Ethics & Behavior 17, no. 3 (2007): 255-279, https://doi.org/10.1080/10508420701519239
- IBM Corp. IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 22.0. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp, 2013.
- Jensen, Lene Arnett, Jeffrey Jensen Arnett, Sue S. Feldman, and Elizabeth E. Cauffman. “It’s Wrong, but Everybody Does It: Academic Dishonesty among High School and College Students.” Contemporary Educational Psychology 27, no. 2 (2002): 209–28, https://doi.org/10.1006/ceps.2001.1088
- Klein, Helen A., Nancy M. Levenburg, Marie McKendall, and William Mothersell. “Cheating during the College Years: How Do Business School Students Compare?” Journal of Business Ethics 72, no. 2 (2007): 197–206.
- Lang, J. M. Cheating Lessons: Learning from Academic Dishonesty. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2013.
- Lento, Camillo, Naqi Sayed, & Merridee L. Bujaki. “Perceptions of Student Academic Dishonesty by Male and Female Accounting Faculty: Incidents and Responses,” a paper presented at Canadian Academic Accounting Association (CAAA) Annual Conference, 2016, in SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2713952 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn. 2713952
- Marsden, Helen, Marie Carroll and James T. Neill. “Who cheats at university? A self-report study of dishonest academic behaviours in a sample of Australian university students,” Australian Journal of Psychology 57, no. 1 (2005): 1-10, https://doi.org/10.1080/00049530412331283426
- McCabe, D.L, K.D. Butterfield, and L.K. Trevino. Cheating in college: Why Students Do It and What Educators Can Do about It. Baltimore, MD: John Hopkins University Press, 2012.
- Moon, Jenny. Academic dishonesty, plagiarism and cheating: A self-instruction unit for postgraduate students, 2006, accessed on October 22, 2018, in http://wwwold.hud.ac.uk/schools/hhs/teaching_learning/plagiarism_handout3.pdf
- Niiya, Yu, Robert Ballantyne, Michael S. North, and Jennifer Crocker. “Gender, Contingencies of Self-Worth, and Achievement Goals as Predictors of Academic Cheating in a Controlled Laboratory Setting,” Basic and Applied Social Psychology 30, no. 1 (2008): 76–83.
- Nilsson, L.E. Nilsson, A. Eklöf, and T. Ottosson. “Cheating as a preparation for reality,” a paper presented in 32nd Congress of the Nordic Educational Research Association (NERA), Reykjavik, Iceland, 2004
- Rettinger, David and Agustus Jordan. “The Relations Among Religion, Motivation, and ollege Cheating: A Natural Experiment.” Ethics & Behavior 15, no. 2 (2005): 107–129, https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327019eb1502_2
- Starovoytova, Diana and Saul Namango. “Factors Affecting Cheating-Behavior at Undergraduate-Engineering,” Journal of Education and Practice 7, no. 31 (2016): 66.
- Witherspoon, Michelle, Nancy Maldonado, and Candace H. Lacey. “Academic Dishonesty of Undergraduates: Methods of Cheating,” Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, May 2010, Denver, Colorado.
- Whitley Jr., Bernard E. "Factors Associated with Cheating among College Students: A Review," Research in Higher Education 39, no. 3 (1998): 235-274.
- Winardi, Rijadh Djatu, Arizona Mustikarini, and Maria Azalea Anggraeni. “Academic Dishonesty among Accounting Students: Some Indonesian Evidence.” Jurnal Akuntansi dan Keuangan Indonesia 14, no. 2 (2017): 142-164.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.