Universitas Telkom - Indonesia
Adaptasi antarbudaya di kalangan satuan Nindya Praja Institut Pemerintahan Dalam Negeri (IPDN) di Jatinangor
The interactions that occur between one another cannot be separated from life, because human life is a social creature that requires interaction with another. In the interactions that occur, there must be cultural differences between one another, because of these cultural differences, the process of intercultural adaptation. One of them happened at the Institute of Domestic Government (IPDN). IPDN itself has students from 34 provinces in Indonesia and has different ethnicities from one another so that in carrying out education at IPDN, the IPDN Praja undertakes an intercultural adaptation process to eliminate the gaps that occur, making it easier for them to communicate. The focus of this research is to provide an overview of the intercultural adaptation taking place between the IPDN Nindya Praja Units in Jatinangor, as well as to identify the intercultural communication between the IPDN Nindya Praja Units in Jatinangor. The research method used in this research is a qualitative method with a phenomenological. The data obtained through in-depth interviews, observation, and literature study using a variety of literature which is the source of the research. The results obtained indicate that Nindya Praja IPDN has experienced an intercultural adaptation process that differs from another, in differences of language and speech style. Besides, environmental factors and communication factors also influence the intercultural adaptation process of Nindya Praja IPDN.
Keywords : culture; intercultural adaptation; intercultural communication;ipdn.
- Cangara, H. (2016). Introduction to Communication Studies. PT. RajaGrafindo Persada.
- Effendy, O. U. (2003). Hubungan Masyarakat suatu studi komunikologis (Public Relations a communicative study). PT. Remaja Rosdakarya.
- Gudykunst. (2003). Communicating With Strangers. McGraw-Hill.
- Liliweri, A. (2011). Dasar - Dasar Komunikasi Antarbudaya. Pustaka Pelajar.
- Martin, Judith N, Nakayama, T. K. (2003). Intercultural Communication in Contexts. The McGraw-Hill Companies.
- Mogot, G. I. R. (2018). Komunikasi Antar Budaya Mahasiswa Etnis Batak dengan Mahasiswa Etnis Jawa dI Kampus IPDN Sulut. Universitas Sam Ratulangi, 7.
- Myron W. Lustig, J. K. (2003). Intercultural Competence: Interpersonal Communication accros Cultures. Allyn and Bacon.
- Ruben, Brent D, Stewart, L. P. (2013). Komunikasi dan Perilaku Manusia (Communication and Human Behavior). PT. RajaGrafindo Persada.
- Samovar, Larry A, Porter, Richard E, Mcdaniel, E. (2012). Intercultural Communication, A Leader. Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
- Simatupang, O. (2015). Gaya Berkomunikasi dan Adaptasi Budaya Mahasiswa Batak di Yogyakarta. ASPIKOM, 2, 314–329.
- Suranto, A. (2010). Komunikasi Sosial Budaya. Graha Ilmu.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.